HAVE QUESTIONS?
972.523.0537
Home
Offers
Services
Ask Us
About Us

Answers to your questions:
Q: What happens if my cyanuric acid (stabilizer) level is too high?

A: High levels of cyanuric acid (stabilizer) reduce the effectiveness of chlorine in killing bacteria.
 It also causes plaster degradation (see pictures below). Plaster degradation may lead to
 premature aging of the plaster and you may have to spend several thousand dollars to 
re-plaster sooner than later.

Q: My pool water is cloudy. What is the cause?

A: Turbid (cloudy) water is usually caused by one or more of the following: high pH, a dirty/malfunctioning filter, low sanitizer level, malfunctioning pump, insufficient pump run time, high cyanuric acid level, or high hardness level. Call us today at (972) 523-0537 for a free diagnosis.

Q: My total alkalinity is too high. What does that mean to me?

A: A high total alkalinity can result in staining, scale, and difficulty in adjusting pH.

Q: My total alkalinity is too low. What does that mean to me?

A: A low total alkalinity can result in corrosion and pH “bounce” i.e. erratic swings in pH with minimal changes.

Q: My hardness level is too low. What does that mean to me?

A: If too little hardness is present in a pool, the water will attack the materials of construction to satisfy its appetite. Etching, pitting and corrosion of surfaces and metallic components may occur.

Q: My hardness level is too high. What does that mean to me?

A: Scaling occurs if too much hardness is present. This is visible as crusty gray deposits and cloudy water, or visible as deposits in piping. A pool’s pipes, designed to accommodate a certain water flow at a certain pressure, will obviously not function properly if their diameters are decreased by scale formation on their inner surface (white rings inside the pipe). It’s a bit like a pool’s hardening of the arteries.

Q: It looks like there are small pieces of white tissue paper floating in my pool. What is the cause?

A: This is called white water mold. It is caused by very low/no sanitizer. Although white water mold is not harmful to humans it is vey unsightly and will eventually clog your filter.


Questions?
Contact Us